maanantai 3. toukokuuta 2010

Komposti-Compost

Kerta perheellä nyt on kaikenlaista puutarhajuttua, mieleeni juolahti; mistä he saavat multaa kasveille? Ja kerta Lupescuilla on oma tontti, ja he vaikuttavat hyvin omavaraiselta joukolta, pidin epätodennäköisenä että he ostaisivat kukkamultaa kylältä.

Since the family ha the whole garden-thing going on here, I thought; where do they get all the soil for the plants? And since Lupescus have some property of their own, and they seem quite a self-sufficient bunch, I think it's highly undoubtfull they would buy some soil from the village.

Joten rakensin heille kompostin. Tämä luontoystävällinen ratkaisu oli Vera-tädin idea.

So I build them up a compost. This nature-friendly solution was Auntie-Veras' idea.

Laatikkopohjana toinen aiemmin esittelemistäni kirpputorilöydöistä. Uudelleenmaalasin sen ja poistin etuseinän. Täytin laatikon talouspaperilla ja liimasin päälle kukkamultaa ja kuivia kasvinosia. Luu Cernit-massaa, ja lehdet otettu kierrätyspaperista kuvioleimasimella. Haran sain lahjaksi.

I made this on one of those two little boxes I found from the flea-market. I re-painted it and removed the front-part. I filed it up with some household paper-towels and glued real plant-soil and some dry plant-parts on it. That bone is made of Cernit polymere-clay, and leaves I made of recycling-paper with the figure-stapler. The harrow was a gift from a friend.

4 kommenttia:

Johanna kirjoitti...

Ihana, hauska!

Raija Maula kirjoitti...

Hieno keksintö! Tosiaankin puutarhaihmisillä pitää olla komposti.

Annie Fryd kirjoitti...

I was looking for the compost worms. I guess they are just hiding in the dark compost soil ;0)

Wednesday kirjoitti...

Good point, Annie, I was thinking of worms, but I didn't want the compost look rotten. So I guess any life in there would be earthworms, and they usually stay down and hide unless it's raining outside :)